CHICAGO (CBS) – At least three people have died and 14 are injured in weekend shootings across the city. One of the victims was under 18.
READ MORE: Weather in Chicago: winter storm warning Saturday; 5 to 9 inches of snow possible
The first homicide of the weekend happened around 8:11 p.m. Friday in Gresham.
An 18-year-old man was walking in the 7900 block of South Parnell when he was shot in the neck by an unknown offender, police said.
The victim was transported to Saint-Bernard hospital where he was pronounced dead.
In another incident, a man was found dead with a gunshot wound to the back in Englewood early Saturday morning.
Police said at approximately 5:24 a.m. a 22-year-old man was found unconscious in an alley on the 6000 block of South Bishop. The victim was transported to Saint-Bernard hospital where he was pronounced dead.
READ MORE: Hundreds of canceled, delayed flights in Midway, O’Hare
A woman was found dead in Humboldt Park on Saturday morning.
At approximately 8:53 a.m., the victim, of unknown age, was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head in Block 1000 of North Hamlin, authorities said.
A man was shot dead while driving in Bridgeport on Friday evening.
Police said at around 5:29 p.m., a 32-year-old man was traveling in a vehicle southbound on the 3800 block of South Morgan Avenue when an unknown vehicle pulled up and an unknown offender inside the vehicle produced a gun and shot the victim.
The victim was shot in the buttocks and was transported undamaged to Mercy Hospital.
NO MORE NEWS: Man in custody after shooting girl in congressional hotel
In other shoots since 5 p.m. Friday:
- At 5:57 a.m. on Friday, a 24-year-old man was standing outside a residence in the 4200 block of West 31st Street when he heard gunshots and was shot in the arm and chest. The victim was taken to Mount Sinai hospital in stable condition.
- At 7:09 p.m. on Friday, a 23-year-old man was in the lane of the 3800 block of South Albany when a dark-colored vehicle pulled up and an unknown offender inside the vehicle pulled out a firearm. The assailant then shot the victim, hitting him in the left leg. The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- At 9:10 p.m. on Friday, a 45-year-old man stood on the sidewalk in the 2300 block of West 79e when shots were fired. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago by CFD in critical condition with a gunshot wound to his left arm.
- At 9 p.m. on Friday, a 65-year-old man was outside South Holland’s 8700 block when he was approached by three male delinquents. One of the assailants drew his gun and shot the victim before fleeing. The victim was shot in the foot and self-transported to Saint-Bernard Hospital where he is listed in fair condition.
- At 10:29 p.m. on Friday, police responded to shots fired at a hotel in 500 South Michigan and found a 17-year-old victim who was shot in the leg. The female victim was transported to Northwestern Hospital where she is listed in good condition. A male offender, around 18 years old, was at the scene and was taken into police custody. A weapon was recovered.
- At 10:29 p.m. on Friday, a 35-year-old woman was outside of 100 North Harding Block when she was shot and killed by an unidentified offender. The victim received a gunshot wound to the shoulder and was transported to Illinois Masonic Hospital where she is listed in good condition. The victim did not cooperate with further details.
- At 12:12 am Saturday, a 33-year-old man was walking outside of South Calumet’s 4800 block when he heard a gunshot and felt pain. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the groin and was transported to the University of Chicago in stable condition.
- At 12:30 a.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old woman was standing on the porch of a residence on the 3900 block of West Monroe when she heard gunshots and felt pain. The victim was transported by her boyfriend to Rush Hospital in good condition with a gunshot wound to his left arm.
- At 2 a.m. on Saturday, a 27-year-old man was standing outside in the 6100 block of South Wabash when he was shot dead by an unidentified offender who fled the scene. The victim received a gunshot wound to the waist and was transported to the University of Chicago in stable condition.
- At 2:20 a.m. Saturday, a 24-year-old man was outside in West Washington’s 5100 block when he was shot dead by an unidentified male offender who fled the scene. The victim sustained a scratch on his hand and was transported undamaged to the suburban western hospital.
- At 3:40 a.m. Saturday, a 25-year-old man was outside in the 3400 block of West Fulton when he was shot dead by an unidentified offender who fled the scene. The victim sustained a scratch on his hand and was transported undamaged to the suburban western hospital.
- At 3:14 a.m. on Saturday, a 36-year-old man was stopped at a traffic light in 4300 South Kedzie when a vehicle pulled up beside the victim and started shooting, hitting the victim in the left temple and the left biceps. The victim then self-transported to Mount. Sinai Hospital in stable condition.