(WTVO) – A number of roads in Stephenson County were closed Monday due to flooding in the area.
Find a list of all road closures below, according to the Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office.
- Business 20 West from Lily Creek Rd to Harlem Center Rd
- Lily Creek Rd from Business 20 West to Harlem Center Rd
- Winneshiek Rd from Harlem Center Rd to Iris Hill Rd
- Cedarville Rd from Cockrell Rd to Scioto Mills Rd
- Cockrell Rd from Cedarville Rd to Scioto Mills Rd
- Brush Creek Rd from Rt 26 to Shady View Rd
- Brush Creed Rd from Rt 26 to Bellview Rd
- Most gravel roads in Buckeye Township
- Richland Rd from Scheider Rd to Bellviw Rd
- Beaver Road from Red Oak Road to Scheider Road
- Bellview Road from Red Oak Road to Richland Road
- Buckeye Rd from Red Oak Rd to Bellview Rd
- Rink Road north of Cedarville Road
- Unity Road north of Cedarville Road
- Route 73 from Louisa Road to McConnell Road
- Rt 73 from Dublin Rd to Sabin Church Rd
- Dublin Rd from Raders Rd to N Kent Rd
- Goldmine Rd from Lott Rd to Rt 73
Freeport Fire officials said several cars were stuck Monday morning, although all drivers could have gotten to safety. Several homes were also flooded and ComEd was called in to cut power to some structures where water levels were approaching electrical panels.
A comment has been driven from its foundations, although no one lives within it. It is now scheduled for emergency demolition. Flood waters are expected to continue to rise through Tuesday.
“It’s as dangerous as water gets. It’s so dangerous, this is what faster water looks like. It’s dangerous if you’re a person, it’s dangerous if you’re in a car. Certainly, in the park, they’re trying to limit foot traffic here as much as possible,” Freeport Deputy Police Chief Scott Stykel said. “We don’t want anyone putting themselves in harm’s way. absolutely what can drown people out whether you are walking or driving.